Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Before Sunrise

So I watched this movie last night called 'Before Sunrise' as recommended by Thought Catalog, my one and only source to the amusings of the heart and life itself.

Its a movie about two people (Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy), one American and the other French, so they meet in a train ride and they get to talking and he shares with her this one beautiful story about seeing his late grandmother in front of his yard when he was a young boy. They instantly have a connection, and they decide to stop in Vienna where Ethan Hawke or in the movie Jesse, has to catch a flight the next day to get back to the US from Vienna. 

So they spend this one whole night immersing themselves in the beauty of Vienna and its people. They even bumped into this poet that tells them to give him a word and he'll create a poem using it; for free. Only if they like it, then they can pay however they want to the poet. 

It seemed beautiful to me. To walk around town and suddenly run into a poet. I am a sucker for poets, in case you didn't know. I am amazed at how they can use just words to simply lift your day up and enlighten your mood. Like words dancing on a piece of paper just rhyming on about life, love. What's there not to love?

Another favorite part of the movie was when they were at a cafe, and they pretended to be on the phone with their friends, and their 'fake' talking to their friends about each other. To be so honest about one another when the other person is staring right at you is just...undescribable. I don't know if I could ever do that..

Their romance ends with her catching a train back to Paris and him flying back to the US. They promised they'd meet each other again after 6 months at the exact same date. 

I just found out that they don't meet up. That the stars didn't align for them. But apparently after 9 years, they meet again in Paris where he is married, with 2 kids. This is all continued in the sequel 'Before Sunset' which I will probably immerse myself in tonight. So more on that later. 

The movie doesn't have much action, if you're into that genre. But its more action of the words. I love their conversations. I secretly want to vicariously live through them. To meet someone in the most unexpected way, and to find him to be your best friend, and to discover that love in him..is amazing. And all kinds of beautiful.

Makes me feel like I should take a get-away with my best friend/soulmate to just..sit and talk and walk all day in a city we've never been to.

That'd seem nice. 

"If there's any kind of magic in this world..it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something. I know it's almost impossible to succeed...but who cares, really? The answer must be in the attempt." 

No comments:

Post a Comment