Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Into the night.

In the stillness of the night, I see blue, red, and yellow.
In the stillness of the night, I see a silhouette of light.
In the stillness of the night, I see a memory of the past.
In the stillness of the night, I see what could have been.
In the stillness of the night, I see my own shadow.
But is it really me, though? Something looks so different.

In the stillness of the night, I see the future. Our future.
In the stillness of the night, I see another shadow of me.
Oh, a shadow of an image of whom I thrive to become.

In the stillness of the night, I have come to understand the
sadness of being happy and lost at the same time.
In the stillness of the night, I am indeed lost.
Trying to find a happiness in a sorrow I can’t understand.

In the stillness of the night, I am lonely and helpless.
Helpless to myself, helpless to thyself.

No comments:

Post a Comment