Saturday, July 7, 2018

Shoot for the stars, they said.

Oh Hello, old blog.

I haven't talked or heck spent even 5 minutes with you in such a long time.

My last post I was 8 weeks pregnant, and now I've come to a whopping 29 weeks!

Baby is coming, people! MAKE ROOM FOR BABY.



Above is an update of how I look in case y'all have forgotten me. pfft who am I talking to?

Excuse my tired face. I never thought pregnancy could take such a toll on your body and LIFE. I got through my first trimester with a lot of struggles. I luckily didn't have any morning sickness, but I couldn't stand the smell of onions and--guess what? Coffee. Funny, coming from such a coffee addict. Friends at the office repeatedly came to me saying sorry with a tumbler filled to the brim with coffee and all I could do was stuff my nose in my Tiger Balm. *I should really write a thank you note to the founder. Tiger Balm was my best friend for the first few months.* Besides having a hateful relationship with onions and coffee; I was also constantly sleepy and tired all through out the first trimester. My morning routines were; get up and get ready for work, get in the car and sleep throughout the whole ride to the office, arrive the office and take a 15 min nap, finish work, get in the car and sleep through the whole ride home, have dinner at home and finally fall asleep again at 9pm.

Poor husband. He was probably bored to death during it all for not having anyone to talk to since I was 70% asleep through the whole day. I swear it wasn't intentionally. I just felt so tired to an extent where I felt that I literally just wanted to quit work and stay in bed until the baby came out. Oh, how I dream of such a luxurious life. But nooo, I got bills to pay and a baby coming our way so I gotta work work work.

My second trimester was better. I was more energetic, to say the least. Lets just say I didn't spend all day sleeping like I did during my first trimester. And my appetite got better, which was good. Because I'm a foodie. Being a foodie does not go hand in hand with appetite loss. It just doesn't work out. Getting work done at the office had become more bearable which was good. Because lets face it, I happen to like my job right now, so getting up in the morning and having a better/positive aura throughout the day definitely adds up to all of it.

I have just started my third trimester. And it's been going good so far, I think. They say that usually you'll start to feel everything you felt during your first trimester again once you enter the third trimester. I have been feeling a bit tired lately, but that's just probably all the stress at work.

The baby is growing and developing fine. We did a 6D scan 2 weeks ago and he looks so much like me! Oh, the baby's a He! Yes people, we're having a little boy!! He shall be good in sports and also good in mathematics because I'm such a typical asian parent who has always secretly wanted to be a soccer mom. We have a name already for him, but we like to refer to him as Baby A.


We went shopping for baby stuff and this was pretty much the damage to incurred us. Anything for Baby A!

So that's pretty much it for updates on my life. As you can tell, pretty much of my life is all about the pregnancy and the baby, so yeah.

As for books, I'm currently reading Susan Cain's Quiet. I honestly haven't been able to get through much books of this genre, but this one is doing good for me so far. I've been putting books on hold for so long leading me to have such a long list of to-read books. I think I secretly have been putting them on hold just to make sure I won't be bored during my 3 months maternity leave. That's right, people. 3 months of no work and just waiting for the pay check to come in every month. Woohoo!

In case I forget to update again in the nearest future, do pray that I have a smooth delivery and that I won't break my husband's limbs in the labor room!



No comments:

Post a Comment